Thursday, February 26, 2009

The sunset

The gale is touching my face and making me feel alive. Kaiser Lake is a beautiful place to be at sunset. But it is sunset. I brood upon my present, mystified, confused, tensed, and troubled. Life is a jigsaw puzzle which I am TRYING to put into pieces. Saturated of teaching, I want to learn now. Just saw a flock of birds and my heart started flying. These birds are flying home. They call It a day. I also want to go home…. Home where I live life in my own way. Home, where I am me. Home, where my dreams soar. I get up and start taking an amble near the meadow. Daffodils, chrysanthemums, lilies, and some wild flowers have covered the land adding a magic to the vista. But somehow the magnetism was missing don’t know why, may be because of the dusk. I see a butterfly flying amidst these strikingly beautiful flowers. I thought of the butterflies’ life cycle. How it grows. How it flies. How it adds beauty to the picture created by nature. Why can’t I be like a butterfly? Oh how nice it would be if I could spin a cocoon around me. Cover myself and then come out of it free like a butterfly. I think color is missing form my life that’s why I thought of becoming a butterfly. The sun is setting down now and the rays reflect in the water and add a lot of questions to my already confused mind. The sun has finally set and it gave me a significant point with its last ray. Now I know that why do the sun set so that there can be sun rise next morning. There can be brightness. The beauty can again bloom. The sun gave me a lesson and it was – HOPE.

2 comments: